Permanent Hybrid role with trips to London office in SW14 as required.
Competitive salary - based on industry experience.
Belcan's London Division is a specialist engineering consultancy providing control & instrumentation engineering, process & technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services. We are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation. Belcan is an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
We are looking to recruit a Technical/Process safety engineer to assist with a variety of projects. The role will involve development and execution of a wide variety of Process Safety, Technical Safety, and Risk Analysis Studies for our clients in the Energy and Utility sector. Candidates must have experience with QRA, EERA & ESSA.
(Note: Our risk team can be involved as design assurance consultants acting on behalf of end users/operators and also as independent specialists supporting major engineering contractors).
Attributes we are looking for are an interest in complex engineering projects and a desire to do the best possible job for the client within the confines of the project (i.e. some commercial awareness).
Key Competencies Required:
Experience within Process Safety and Technical Safety with demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Strong skills in Consequence Modelling and Risk Analysis using PHAST/PHAST Risk/SAFETI
- Strong fundamentals on the principles of Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and various techniques involved
- Must have experience in delivering quantitative risk assessments such as: QRAs, Fire Risk, Explosion Assessments (FERAs), Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Analysis (EERA), Emergency Systems Survivability Analysis (ESSA)
- Ideally with consulting background with experience in both Greenfield and Brownfield projects with major EPC and Operating Companies
- Ideally with experience in Concept and FEED studies with awareness of all project lifecycle stages
- Awareness in any of the following areas would be advantageous but not essential: Offshore Process Safety, Barrier Management (Bow-Ties), CFD Modelling , Process Safety Management and Functional Safety
- Comfortable with presenting technical information in front of clients/major stakeholders (internal/external)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.