Belcan is a global company that specializes in engineering, consulting, and technical services in the industrial, aerospace, and automotive industries. Our Runcorn Delivery centre specialises within the Automotive and Transportation Sector.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Head of Function, Automotive Engineering, leads the Automotive engineering and development group from Belcan's Runcorn Delivery Centre. The Head of Function (HoF) will provide leadership and direction to the teams within this function, which can include aspects EV design, Hydrogen design, FMEA, validation and verification for Automotive Industry. The Head of Function (HoF) will be able to provide robust technical guidance and support to the team as required. The HoF will be comfortable working in an Engineering Service environment and will be able to balance the commercial responsibilities inherent within the role, with the more technical demands required. The HoF will be a customer technical POC for many aspects and will work with Runcorn General Manager to develop a strategy for successful growth of the Automotive vertical within Belcan.
The HOF is responsible for supporting RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's, as well as assisting in developing new and existing client relationships, and ensuring successful customer delivery of all projects, while ensuring agreed budgets are met. Having responsibility for Engineering Managers, Team Leaders and individuals, the HOF will provide strategic development of functional capability to support new and existing customer growth.
With strong commercial knowledge in their field the HOF Automotive Engineering, will ensure best practice is applied on quotations i.e. appropriate levels, governance, licence costs & location of delivery is considered to optimise profitability, being able to identify and implement cost savings, as well as approving customer quotations.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Automotive, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5-10 years leadership experience in a related function(s). Preferably this should be in a managed service environment
- Experienced in creating and forming flexible teams.
- Able to cultivate a culture of: Earned Trust, People First, Performance Driven and Passion with Purpose.
- Excellent motivational skills and behaviours.
- Able to discuss and communicate on highly technical aspects, both internally and with Belcan clients.
- Able to discuss and communicate Belcan's value offering to new and existing clients
- Adaptable approach to cope with flexibility opportunities and demands
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.