Belcan Workforce Solutions is currently recruiting for a Test Technician to be based in Bristol. Our client operates across the UK and Ireland with a large industrial and manufacturing network comprising of 45 manufacturing sites making high performing products and solutions. We serve the construction sector, principally, but also the automotive, industrial, energy, agriculture and healthcare sectors. We also have a large retail network spanning more than 780 retail locations. This network supplies more than 400,000 general and specialist building materials
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to use their technical skills in a supportive, dynamic and forward-thinking environment. Working alongside a team of experienced and developing R&D department, you will be supported to help you grow and develop new skills.
You will have access to a great range of benefits including and not restricted to a bonus scheme, retirement savings plan with company contributions, 25 days' holiday with flexible options, tailored training programs, Cycle to Work, retail discounts, share ownership schemes and access to a salary sacrifice vehicle leasing scheme.
- To support the R&D and Technical Project teams with practical assembly and testing of prototype and sample components
- To undertake test programmes, assisting in critical analysis of the results and development of product improvement strategies
- To produce clear, concise and consistent test reports
- To maintain accurate records, results and reports using the project & testing database systems
- To be proficient in the use of all required laboratory test equipment and be responsible for keeping the equipment in good order
- To become expert in the assembly, function and test of Rencol® Tolerance Rings and other Bearings products when appropriate
- To ensure that users of lab equipment are suitably trained and operating safely
- To design and manufacture jigs and fixtures to enable testing
- To act as point of contact with other teams for day to day testing enquiries
- To continuously improve and develop new testing methods
- HND or equivalent in a technical (mechanical engineering) or science discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of machining methods and technologies, including design for manufacture.
- 80%ile in Mechanical Understanding
- Experience with metrology and its application in engineering, ideally gained within a test laboratory environment.
- Knowledge and experience operating within formal Quality Standards such as ISO9001, ISO14001, TS16949, etc
- Experience using machine tools (including vertical milling and turning) preferable.
- Knowledge of basic electronics and electrical systems
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.