Sitec a Belcan Company have an interesting requirement for a Senior Project Engineer - Electrical Services, for a role in Devonport Plymouth, Devon. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months.
10 Dock Services Senior Project Engineer - Electrical Systems
Our Client will design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. Number 10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard. The infrastructure programme is currently finalising the concept design and is looking for resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase.
They are also commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the long term construction.
Overall Department Direction
Project delivery team
The Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit has been set up to establish and maintain a Strategic Infrastructure Plan for the Devonport site through to at least 2050 and to safely and effectively deliver the 'major' capital works projects that result from the Plan.
Main Purpose of Role
SPE (Electrical Systems) - The role will be supporting the Package Manager in key project management functions in overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
Facilitate, develop and agree requirements, project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages
Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
Forecasting of costs and monitor and report against budget
Stakeholder management and communications and to support development of stakeholder
Contribute to the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
Examples of 10 Dock systems being delivered within the electrical services packages:
60Hz and 50Hz Supplies
* 6600V / 450V 60 Hz AC Transformers
* 6600V / 250V DC Transformer Rectifier
* 50Hz Production electrical supply
Submarine Electrical systems
* Communications & Monitoring
* Software Shore Integration Facility
* Submarine Network Connectivity
* Submarine Fire Detection
* Submarine Earthing
* Dock Installed Radiation Monitoring System
* Source Range Monitoring
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
Demonstrable experience in a project management position.
* Knowledge of the engineering systems within the scope
* Experience managing project delivery in a Nuclear Licensed Site environment
- Minimum of HNC/HND (Degree preferred) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- APM project management qualification (or equivalent).
- Risk Assessor Approvers Training (desirable).
- Health & Safety Management of Sub-contractors Training (Desirable).
Must have a background that will allow Security Clearance to be obtained
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan