Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance. Candidates should be willing and able to work in designated areas where the need arises.
The positions have been deemed Outside of IR35.
To undertake and manage design changes during IVA Construction and Commissioning
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
Provide Mechanical Engineering Support to the IVA Project
The Scope of the work is to provide an engineer to work within the project to work on engineered design solutions during the Construction and Commissioning of the IVA machine.
The requirement is specifically associated with the Company's delivery of the design of the IVA and to provide suitable and sufficient competence for review of design issues against a set of suitable standards, and design solutions to support the creation of the supporting documentation.
This will require the candidate to have experience of Mechanical Handling Designs, Basic Pressure Systems, Mechanical Services, Basic Structural Design (Eurocode 3) interaction with a multi-discipline design team and a good understanding of configuration control.
Project and tasks: IVA Assembly & Commissioning
- Progression and closeout of existing TQs & DCNs as a result of construction activities.
- Receive, assess and reply to construction TQs to enable physical build of the IVA machine to continue and meet programme milestone dates.
- Process Design Changes as a result of Construction TQs, take changes through any required design review and design certificate sign off
- Update of documentation and drawings (utilising CAD support team) to baseline and substantiate design changes.
- Receive and assess Commissioning Reservations from a design engineering perspective. Take part in Test & Commissioning Panels as the Design Engineering Intelligent Customer.
- Process Design Changes as a result of Commissioning Reservations, take changes through any required design review and design certificate sign off
Qualifications - ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline
- Is home/remote working an option? Yes but limited. Access to on site network required for technical data
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan