Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer to work for our Defence & Military client based in Aberdeen.
As Senior Electrical and Electronic Engineer you will provide engineering design solutions and through life engineering support to the commercial & defence product ranges working as a technical lead for the electrical, electronics and software engineering team.
Your workload can vary from new product design to meet client or internal specifications through to supporting an existing client's request to upgrade or change equipment in the field.
You will also act as a leader and manager to ensure the team is delivering to their highest potential.
Your key accountabilities within this role will include providing design input to new products, providing engineering support to existing product ranges, assessing technical queries and providing solutions and liaising with our internal departments such as procurement, sales and production to ensure the best technical solutions.
We will also look to you to source materials and components, create specifications, proposals, assembly instructions, test procedures, certifications and reports. You will check detailed manufacturing drawings and be responsible as the technical approver of drawings and documentation generated within the electrical, electronic and embedded software products team.
There will also be some requirement to visit other sites and client assets. You will provide fulfil management activities such as ensuring high performance, staff development and allocation of work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical/electronic engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
- Proven electrical / electronic design skills
- Extensive experience of circuit design, PCB layout and embedded software (MPLAB, ST32)
- Good knowledge of electrical systems and designing for EMC compliance
- Good knowledge of PCB design software such as Altium Designer (schematic capture & layout)
- Good knowledge of electrical design software such as AutoCAD Electrical
- Skilled in generating design calculations
- Knowledge of design standards
- Knowledge of industry guidelines such as IMCA
- Previous product design experience would be advantageous
- Experience with PLM system for generating and storage of engineering packages
- Previous diving equipment design experience would be advantageous
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.