Belcan Navel Marine Team are looking to recruit a Project Planner who would report into the Technical Programme Manager and the Head of Engineering.
The Project Planner would be required to deliver complex, multi-million pound marine engineering projects to schedule, quality and cost your role will be focused on the creation, development, maintenance, delivery and assessment of an integrated master schedule and associated work packs reflecting all milestones, activities, resources and inputs/outputs for multiple Design departments.
- Interaction with customer program points of contact as required
- Attendance of customer meetings to discuss plan performance including adherence and schedule/priority changes
- Robustly optimise Master Schedule to maximise business performance to reflect our dynamic, rapidly changing work scopes and priorities while minimising and mitigating risk.
- Interface with the Project Control Team.
- Creation of group work packs to plan tasking for marine resources on rolling schedule, ensuring necessary inputs & outputs, correct scope and reflect agreed norms
- Monitor and analyse plan governance to ensure robust cost and schedule of performance for the agreed Scope of Work across the integrated programmes
- Provide plan control including: baseline schedule development and management; work pack creation and management; performance status and reporting; baseline change control; risk management; earned value management guidance and tools.
- Produce plan reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
- Maintain, implement controls, policies, procedures, standards and best practice techniques required to deliver projects to the plan they develop.
- Implement effective metrics (including but not limited to earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis, risk minimisation, resource billability maximisation).
- Support programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, and project controls best practices.
- Support the development of specific resource-loaded schedules.
- Work closely with the Technical Project Manager to maximise the potential of the project.
- Continuous review of the plan and processes and associated toolsets to identify and implement improvements
- Maximises plan performance of business KPI's which include minimising risk, optimising schedule, maximising billability
- Identify opportunities within plans for activities that align with business strategies.
- Provide guidance to and interact with support centre staff as required with respect to projects and project control work that is being delivered from off-shore.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A demonstrable track record in high value complex project planning co-ordination and /or management in a challenging delivery environment.
- Degree qualified, however extensive experience in a similar role will also be considered.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of planning tools such as MS Project and Excel though experience in the use of toolsets such as Primavera P6 will be advantageous.
- Highly proficient in the techniques used to develop, assess and optimise the integrated Master Schedule (e.g. Earned Value Management, risk analysis, business administration management, integrated schedules)
- Proficient in establishing robust work packs (inputs, outputs, duration, schedule etc.) to established norms
- Must have experience in project planning co-ordination and /or management in a challenging delivery environment.
- Adaptable approach to cope with flexible opportunities and demands
- Must be an excellent team player with a tenacious and resilient attitude to manage competing priorities with the customer and the various engineering and support functions of the business.
- Must be a highly capable communicator both written and spoken.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Belcan and make significant contribution to our continued success and growth during these exiting times
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.