We are looking for Principal Mechanical Engineers to work on the design, development and qualification of key platform mechanical and secondary propulsion systems across all of our programmes.
We are seeking degree qualified mechanical engineers with specialist experience of one or more of the following systems;
- Pressurised Air & Gas - high/medium/low pressure compressed air systems, compartment, auxiliary vent and emergency blow systems, nitrogen and oxygen systems, emergency breathing air systems.
- Hydraulics - hydraulic actuation and control systems including main and external hydraulics, steering and hydroplane control, auto lube, hydraulic oil transfer systems.
- HVAC - air purification, combined oxygen generation systems, scrubbing systems, atmosphere control and air particle detection, ship and battery ventilation.
- Cooling - sea-water, chilled water, fresh water for service and domestic consumption, stores refrigeration.
- Domestics - desalination plants, hot & cold water services, liquid and solid waste management, bilge and drainage systems, tank sounding and venting.
- Diesel Generators - auxiliary power generation, exhaust systems, sea water cooling, snort induction and VEX masts
- Survival, Life Support and Fire-fighting Systems - spray and water mists systems, automatic fire-fighting systems and equipment, abandonment and emergency escape equipment and systems
- Secondary propulsion - steam, feed, circulation pumps, condensing, lubricating oil systems, main turbine, rotating machinery, drive train, clutches, shafts and seals
- Your main responsibilities as a Principal Mechanical Engineer will involve:
- Executing, evaluating, delivering and managing complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work, recognising stakeholder and customer requirements
- Engineering verification and validation activities
- Essential: Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science)
- Demonstrable experience across the full engineering lifecycle of the development and delivery of relevant compressible gas systems and their supporting equipment.
- Experience of compressible gas flow calculations.
- System of systems problem solving.