Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Senior Planner for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 18 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis
You must hold current SC Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
- Develop and maintain EVM compliant IMS in accordance with functional procedures and guidelines.
- Validate and verify schedule data provided by suppliers (internal and external to the client) prior to appropriate incorporation within IMS.
- Provide planning input to project throughout the project lifecycle at the appropriate level.
- Support the Senior Planner with emergent projects as directed by Business Management Manager.
- Maintaining personal level of subject matter expertise.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Creation of the Work breakdown structure, Resource loading, Project level IMS (Integrated Master Schedule), and Project-specific basis of scheduling documents.
- Input into the month-end process including Updating schedule progress. (EV percentage complete), Undertaking schedule forecasting, Updating milestone status and critical path analysis, and Undertaking schedule performance review including EV variance analysis. (SPI)
- Providing Planning input to Investment approval and Change Control process, Risk and Opportunity process, and Peer reviews.
- Production of Planning and EV deliverables in accordance with the appropriate procedures and guidelines.
- Proposing solutions and workarounds to address schedule performance issues.
- Ensuring understanding of responsibilities and demonstrating appropriate behaviours in line with the Company's environmental, health, safety, security, quality and ethics standards.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with and awareness of project members.
- Supporting the development of the Assistant Planners.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- Must have relevant experience or degree
- Must have Project Management experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Planning software experience
- Project Planning on programmes experience
- Strong leadership and planning
- Confident to challenge and escalate things
- Fast paced worker
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan