Piping / Mechanical Engineer - UK Remote with trips to Cheltenham.
Due to an increased number of projects, Belcan are looking for a Contract Piping and Mechanical Engineer for an initial 6 month contract - Outside IR35, to assist the existing engineering team with brownfield design solutions for upgrades to an existing site in the UK. The role is hybrid, with a mix of home and office based working for project design coordination.
The specific project involves updating fuel storage infrastructure at a UK site. Replacement equipment includes new fuel storage and dewatering tanks, filtration, pumps, valves, and road tanker wagon loading facility. The client requires a complete piping mechanical design including stress analysis and procurement specifications. The scope is limited to detailed design plus answering questions from the principal contractor.
Typical activities include:
- Design Review
- Equipment specifications and data sheets
- Report and calculation writing
- Coordination with other disciplines including layout update considerations
- Responsible for piping and mechanical aspects of project delivery including technical and quality compliance
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Technical qualification to HND or Degree level (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering experience ideally within Oil & Gas, LNG, Petrochemicals, Cryogenic Pipeline, Process or Gas Compression
- Experience on Top Tier COMAH sites
- Basic experience of CAD, Electrical, and C&I engineering disciplines.
- Experienced in working to CDM regulations.
- Ability to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches.
- Able to produce specifications from scratch
- Good awareness of cyber security
Belcan Advanced Solutions is a specialist engineering consultancy providing electrical, process, mechanical, control & instrumentation engineering, technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services. Founded in 2008 we are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation. Belcan Advanced Solutions is part of Belcan, an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan