Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Technician for a multinational oil and gas corporation. The post is based in Fife, Cowdenbeath and is an estimated 24 month contract and is paying competitively on a PAYE and Umbrella hourly basis.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
Technicians are assigned to carry out maintenance work. This can either be an ExxonMobil (XON) employee or a Contractor resource. Typically reports to a supervisor.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Estimates work load to establish completion dates.
- Assists mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment, machinery, such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines etc
- Helps prepare proposals and cost estimate.
- Actively participate in the use of all on the job safety tools.
- Review job packs.
- Identify any safety issues associated with the job and ensure removal/mitigation prior to working
- Execute work as planned.
- Record technical history as required by workgroup. (Global Reliability Tool (GRT), data sheet,etc)
- Provide feedback on job park improvements to Execution FLS.
- Requests permits and notify Supervisor if permit cannot be issued within 30 minutes of requested time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Discipline appropriate certification(s) if applicable or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend re mediation steps.
- Team player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with person over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, frequents changes in priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software program.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan