Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Mass Properties Engineer for a Defence and Aerospace company in Stevenage. The post is for an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract and once started will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role has been deemed Inside of IR35
- Independently complete all tasks required by supervision, in the allocated time, to produce detailed traceable mass property analysis (mass, CG and inertias)
- Effectively communicate the results of these tasks
- Communicate effectively with design team members (Product Team Leaders, Responsible Engineers, Structures, Thermal, Propulsion and Manufacturing Engineers, etc.) and have a good appreciation of their work.
- Presenting and substantiating their solutions to their Lead Engineer.
Give technical presentations and justify analysis to internal and external customers.
- Produce mass properties analysis and reports based on manufacturing drawings and CAD models of spacecraft, platforms and equipments.
- Produce mass properties estimates and reports for bids/concepts.
- Support physical mass properties measurements in line with the Project/Manufacturing requirements.
- Produce regular mass properties status reports.
- Typically 2 year's relevant experience.
- Proficient in using external and internal software tools.
- To have a good understanding of analysis techniques and methods for light weight structure mass property prediction (mass, CG and inertias) and measurements. These will include computer (MS Excel) modelling.
- Typically 1 years' experience with the use of Catia for mass property analysis of manufacturing drawings.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
Sector Experience - Space, Aerospace
Essential Knowledge - MS Office, CATIA
Desirable Knowledge - VPM
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION LEVEL
HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Aeronautical or similar related discipline.
Base of Work
Following a familiarisation period on site this role will be working from home then working on site once COVID restrictions are lifted by the client - candidates must be able to work on site full time when required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan