Belcan Workforce Solutions is currently looking for a Jigs and Tooling Development Engineer to work for one of our clients based in Broughton, UK.
Working within the Jigs and Tools team, you will ensure implementation of major Jig and Tooling related projects and deliverables to the operational teams, to the required H&S and Ergonomic standards, liaising with key stakeholders at all levels and managing suppliers to meet required time frames.
Task & Accountabilities
You will ensure the successful industrialisation of Jigs and Tools assets (creation, development, and modification) until final acceptance and handover to the corresponding Operations Manager. Integrate mature industrial technologies in link with R&D. Collaborate with R&D to integrate requirements and consolidate the Airbus Industrial Vision. Design and/or specify the requested Jigs and Tools assets according to requirements from Manufacturing Engineering Process Engineers, Operations, Health and Safety and Ergonomics, Maintenance Engineers, and Plant/ FAL Quality Assurance. The provided solution is fully integrated within the industrial system through a robust acceptance process set on defined Key Performance Indicators. Integrate Maintenance inputs/feedback in Jig & Tool Work Specification and support Finance activities to elaborate the CapEx and/or OpEx dossier.
As well as:
- Support Plants/FALs in all the activities where a Jig and/or Tool asset is involved
- Support root cause analysis of Non Conformities and improvement projects
- Contribute to the purchasing phases of the Jigs and Tools assets
- Manage and lead Suppliers when applicable to ensure all Projects and Deliverables meet the required milestones
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a manufacturing and engineering environment required
- Strong communication and stakeholder management
- Jigs and tooling experience within a similar industry/ background
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan