Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit 2 Instrumentation Engineers for a multinational oil and gas corporation. The posts are based in Southampton, Hampshire and are estimated 24 month contracts and are paying competitively on a PAYE and Umbrella hourly basis.
These positions have been deemed Inside of IR35.
Our client is currently seeking qualified and experienced Instrument Engineers to provide specialist engineering for equipment ranging from field instrumentation to complex control and protective systems.
(Standard 37.5 - 40 hour week with flexibility within reason on how you work those hours).
The key responsibilities are to:
- Provide technical support to the Operations and Maintenance teams in the resolution of key equipment integrity and operational issues.
- Maintain the lifecycle technical integrity of the installations by ensuring appropriate maintenance and integrity strategies, engineering standards, procedures and guidance documents are adhered to in all activities.
- Assesses performance and condition monitoring results, ensuring appropriate follow up.
- Ensure compliance with both site and industry standards.
- Provides technical support to loss investigations, root cause investigations and action follow up activities where directed.
- Acts as the key focal point for discipline modifications and ensures all temporary or permanent modifications are technically assessed, meet appropriate standards and correctly endorsed.
- Review and approval of engineering and design documentation, technical reports and management system documentation where directed.
- Develop and support improvement plans from initial concept through engineering, commissioning and start-up and all phases of asset operational life
- Participate in HAZOP and have a good working knowledge of functional safety standards (IEC61511/61508)
- Support factory acceptance testing and commissioning activities on site
Qualifications / skills:
- Ideally BEng/BSc or HNC/HND.
- Functional Safety Eng - TUV Certified
- Working knowledge of Cyber Security for IACS
- Working knowledge of PLCs / Protective, Control and Monitoring Systems e.g. Allen Bradley, Bentley Nevada, Hima, GE MKV, Honeywell FSC of benefit.
- Have relevant instrument engineering experience in an operational environment, preferably at a COMAH facility in the refining or petrochemical sector.
- Sound knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards and their application to development and management of lifecycle asset integrity assurance programmes.
- Good knowledge of other discipline functions e.g. Operations, Inspection, Engineering and Process.
- Sound knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques and management of change processes and tools.
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan