Pay rate: £40.97
Contract details: 12 months (inside IR35)
Belcan Workforce Solutions are collaborating with the world's largest manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines to find a Design Engineer to join the Compact Engine Systems team in Peterborough.
This is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for the end-to-end design process for electrical systems. Each project offers the opportunity to work on the harness design, supporting the development of engines designed to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company
- Design of harnesses and packaging of electrical components (sensors, ECM's, actuators, etc.).
- Working directly with the engine architect to identify space claims.
- Working with suppliers to develop harnesses & associated brackets.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews.
This is a design engineering position, with regular internal customer and supplier interaction. It is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly engineering team and become part of a world-class organisation.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient use of Creo and Teamcenter
- Strong technical background - either a technical degree in mechanical, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering - or equivalent relevant experience.
- Previous experience in harness design, schematic creation, and harness bracket design.
- Good understanding of component design and validation.
- Strong team player.
- Confidence in communicating and collaborating with multiple teams and initiating these interactions.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA.
- Experience of writing technical documents/requirements/test plans.
- Knowledge of project planning activities.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan