Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking to recruit a Document Control Manager on a fixed term basis for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group based on our clients site near Reading. The position is full time and a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
About the Role
This role includes management of a Document Control team for a large client site based near Reading, consisting of multiple projects of varying scopes. Maintain Document Control Management system, process and procedures and maintain in line with customer and programme requirements. This appointment is intended as a contract role to support in developing the capabilities of the newly appointed Lead Document Controller in preparation for future progression to Document Control Manager
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Implement document management procedures, processes and standards taking into account customer requirements.
- Manage the programme document control function and team, guiding and supporting the team in their day to day roles and ensure the projects have adequate support.
- Carry out inspections, audits and assessments to measure effectiveness of controls and accuracy of data.
- Lead coordination of document management across entire project including policies, protocols and practice.
- Full ownership of document control function to ensure the issue, receipt and tracking of all programme information through to close out and handover stage
- Coordinate all document control procedure activities, including technical documents, drawings, and commercial correspondence
- Maintain accurate registers and action lists, ensuring timely document data input to ensure the most accurate and up to date information is readily available
- Liaise with programme team providing support, managing issues and instigating solutions
- Deliver timely and periodic reports on deliverables and document status
- Proactively seek improvements and efficiencies to core processes and activities
Skills & Experience
- Educated to NVQ level or equivalent qualifications (including experience)
- Knowledge of a wide range of Electronic Document Management Systems essential
- ECITB trained or equivalent.
- Leadership and project management or proven experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan