Belcan are looking for a Project Controller to join our growing Project Team. The Project Controller role is integral to the productivity of our Engineering Team based in Derby dealing with the whole life cycle of projects.
Reporting to the Project Control Team Leader and working closely with business managers, team leads and engineers on a variety of Client's projects within the Aerospace, Automotive and Marine industries to ensure the project budgeting, schedule and co-ordination activities are properly managed.
- Provision of data to the customer with respect to the status of projects.
- Attending customer meetings to support project data being presented and producing minutes (action trackers) for meetings.
- Project Folder Set Up, management administration and audit.
- Produce plan reporting in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing
details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
- Preparing Invoicing - collecting and reviewing substantiating data.
- Review of quotes/proposals, updating of projects in the ERP system such as opening and
closing of activities as required.
- Implement effective planning techniques and controls
- Ensure correct reconciliation of hours, expenses and invoice to projects.
- Create and manage resource specific plans / schedules
- Continuous review of the processes and tools to identify and implement improvements.
- Help support Team Leader/Management with aspects such as capability development, continuous improvement and QMS related quality issues etc.
- Provide plan control including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools
- Some previous Project Coordination, Project Control or Project Management experience
- Excellent numerous skills and previous experience with budgets desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proficient in the use of Project Management and ERP systems desirable
- Good with particular attention to detail.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Perk Box
- Life Assurance
- Training and Career Development
Due to the nature of the work, successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye or call on 07718489863 for more information.
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security with over 10,000 professionals serving hundreds of customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.