Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Construction Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
To monitor, report, assist and liaise with the Contractors to verify that the requirements of the contract are being fulfilled and that the Company's process' and LC requirements are fully adhered to on Construction sites.
- Monitor daily work activities and reporting progress and issues of concern to the Construction Manager.
- For ensuring that company management systems and processes and CDM requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure that all works are installed and executed in accordance with the contract documents.
- Monitor onsite interfaces and coordinate tasks to alleviate both health and safety risks as well as unnecessary financial costs and delays to the project.
- For ensuring that the required quality/workmanship standards are met and ensuring right first time delivery in line with contract documentation/specifications.
- All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- To maintain an accurately detailed daily site diary of site conditions, progress and the resources available to undertake the work activities throughout the construction phase.
- For providing input to Weekly Reports which include Site Safety Inspections, Quality Control, Test Inspection Plans, Defect Notices, Deliveries [accepted or rejected] for the project.
- For promoting good practice of material sustainability (reuse and/or recycle) initiatives to reduce waste and save costs.
- For ensuring that where applicable, contractor's operatives are competent, qualified and licensed to undertake their work activities correctly and that all plant and equipment used is tested, maintained and certified as specified.
- For monitoring and recording specific or specialist deliveries to site to ensure that the condition of the load meets the standard, that the items are handled correctly, packaging is intact and that storage facilities are appropriate. Required protection is provided and correct handling techniques are applied at all times.
- For undertaking all necessary checks to ensure that installed services and equipment can be reasonably and safely maintained.
- Actively participate in the project hand over process and ensure that appropriate documental evidence is provided to the Construction Manager.
- To supervise specific requirements on the Company's construction sites for all matters of Health, Safety, Environmental Quality and Security, Ensure controls are undertaken by the contractors in line with the agreed scope of works for all construction activities being undertaken.
- Essential - City & Guilds 2391 (or equivalent) Inspection and Testing AND 18th Edition wiring regulation, (IET).
- Desirable - JIB (Gold Card approved Electrician) / SSSTS / SMSTS
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan