Belcan Workforce Solutions has a great opportunity for a Construction Document Controller on a permanent basis to join our expanding UK team for a major and prestigious scientific and pharmaceutical giant based in Cambridge and Macclesfield. All locations considered for this opportunity.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for providing document control support to our clients Global Projects teams. Main duties will be to manage and control documentation and drawings between key suppliers and the client stakeholders. The role requires expert knowledge of document control and the ability to convert this knowledge and experience into customer focused based solutions. This involves being part of a wider information management team who are responsible for capturing, collating, recording and updating of asset information across the client's portfolio. The role requires significant contact with other partner suppliers and project organisations. The focus is on providing a professional, consistent and reliable document management service to record, manage and provide information in the most efficient and effective way.
- Develop a good working relationship with the project teams, engineers and service providers
- Ensure the compliance of all engineering documentation within the companies FDA compliant, validated systems.
- Adhere to the correct procedures/processes/standards and utilize in-house systems to ensure that the Asset Information is collated, updated and maintained in the most efficient manner across these systems.
- To use own initiative to anticipate and prepare for specific opportunities/problems and act quickly and decisively to reach satisfactory resolutions.
- Motivate and assist in the development of team members to maximise their contribution to the Business.
- Provide support to manage and control project documentation and asset specific documents and records.
- Provide support and guidance to project stakeholders regarding content, classification and submission of documentation.
- Deliver documents and records against key project dates
- Receive, Issue and Control Project documentation - new and updated
- Chase suppliers for information
- Attend project meetings and report on progress/issues
- Review and amend, as required, existing Project documentation
- Ensure consistent management and administration of documentation
- Attend project meetings and sometimes chair meetings
- Answer queries from stakeholders and subcontractors and provide help on the project EDMS system
- Create and manage project trackers and reports
- Report on progress against project key dates
- Provide advice and support to all stakeholders - internal and external
- Planning activities
- Technical support
Must Have Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences
- Strong IT skills supported by excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- You will work in a structured way with good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise your work
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with a range of colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) familiarity
- Database management familiarity
- Understanding of change, revision control, document status
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.