Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit two Chemical Process Engineers for a Defence establishment in Reading. The posts are for an estimated 12-month contract and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current SC/DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
To provide manufacturing, scientific production and facilities technical support to programme and/or project managers.
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
Experience in chemical process engineering, ideally in an industry that requires close scrutiny for risk of contamination.
- Design/deliver and manage process design, development equipment, documentation and introduction of best manufacturing practise in terms of productivity, reliability, innovation and quality to the workplace.
- Design/Deliver, manage and support all technical aspects of new/current processes and/or equipment within designated area of responsibility, ensuring all are underwritten and available on demand.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality
- Design/Deliver manufacturing processes/equipment by delivering the agreed objectives/milestones and associated technical specifications/documentation in accordance with company processes and standards.
- Establish and record customer and process requirements including the production of configuration documentation in accordance with the appropriate procedures and legislation.
- Identification of all legislation and regulatory requirements associated with new and existing processes, ensuring compliance.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, project teams and management, ensuring appropriate communication of project/programme status and any circumstance reflecting upon safety, security, efficiency, quality, management or any other respective area of responsibility.
- Undertake investigations of facilities and processes with the aim of improving productivity, quality, and/or resolving problems.
- Support Quality, Safety, Projects, Facility and any other relevant department/programme/project as per business need.
- Promote and sponsor operational excellence and drive all actions aimed at continuous process improvement.
- Works effectively with others and building required relationships and interfaces to support delivery of the Programme.
- Responsible for identifying, defining and solving complex management problems in a dynamic environment.
- Adopt a 'See It, Own It, Solve It' mind-set, by identifying obstacles to success and taking ownership to find solutions to those problems.
Essential: City and Guilds or recognised apprenticeship, and/or accumulated experience in defined discipline.
Desirable: Appropriate Degree or HNC/HND
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan