An excellent opportunity for an experienced Welding Engineer has arisen onsite with one of our clients, a world leader within many key industries based in Bristol location for permanent role.
The Welding Engineer prepares the work pack qualification requirements/specifications for the Welding team and will then oversee the completion of these activities.
- Welding Engineer will be reporting to the Project Manager / Fabrication Shop Manager is primarily responsible for WPQR creation and testing;
- PWPS, test pieces procurement & machining, technique development, PWHT & Mechanical testing;
- WPS creation, Post Weld Heat Treatment procedure creation and Weld repair and provide technical input to the welding team.
- Implementing new technology/welding processes to aid in improving production.
- Involved in the training of the welding team on new techniques and processes or managing change to design.
- Involved in the evaluation of metal and problem solving techniques to overcome issues with the design drawings or work pack requirements.
- Overseeing the machinery used by the welding team including calibration, testing the performance and condition of installed mechanical equipment.
- Completes any other duties as assigned by the Fabrication Shop Manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Certified international welding technician IWT / EWT or international welding engineer IWE / EWT (Desirable)or Alternatively a well skilled international welding specialist IWS / EWS
- CSWIP-3.1 certificate (Essential)
- PCN level 2 for rad interpretation and PCN level 2 VT for visual testing (desirable)
The list of responsibilities and benefits are not exhaustive. Please send your CV and contact me straightaway if this role sounds like it could be your next career move and I will tell you all about it.
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.