Sitec a Belcan Company currently have an opportunity for a Thermal Analyst to join our client, a leading Aerospace company. The role is based in Stevenage and is for an initial 6 months. The rate of pay for this position is £39.95 p/hr Umbrella.
- To carry out a range of steady state / transient thermal analyses and investigations; including recommending and performing the most appropriate technical solution, ranging from classical hand calculations to the use of simulations tools
- Assess specification, ensuring correct interpretation and adherence of thermal requirements.
- Select and justify thermal analysis to meet objectives.
- Defines and ensures thermal testing achieves hardware qualification or acceptance, and relevance of analysis / correlation.
- To prepare various technical documents in support of thermal analysis activities.
- Technical presentation of analysis and test results.
- Understanding of thermal system, subsystem or equipment environment, design drivers, design and functional requirements validated by analysis and test.
- Understanding of thermal analysis techniques, methods and principles.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of thermal analysis software tools and the management of simulation data.
- Knowledge and experience of spacecraft, subsystem or equipment thermal analysis
- Knowledge and experience of space thermal management hardware
- Excel (incl. Visual Basic)
- ESATAN TMS, THERMICA (or similar spacecraft thermal modelling software)
- Python (or similar)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan