Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Telecom Payload Systems Engineer for a Defence and Aerospace company in Portsmouth. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
The Telecom Payload System Engineering team is responsible for providing engineering support to the Telecom business line, for payload projects; payload R&D activities; proposals and for the development of advanced payload products. A vacancy is open for a position of System Engineer.
- Member of the System Engineering Team assigned to a telecom payload project; the role has a strong focus on RF System performance analysis, but also includes Electrical Systems and EMC - Understand or interpret customer requirements.
- Assist in the design processes for a telecom payload (for the initial phase of the project / if applicable).
- Support the production of detailed equipment specifications; working hand-in-hand with Payload Equipment Specialist and Equipment Technical Authority.
- Analysis of payload system architecture.
- As part of a project team, perform RF analyses of payload performances.
- Take part to the preparation of analysis data with relevant analysis tools.
- Compile written reports or analysis documentation.
- Review inputs prepared by the RF System team for the reviews with the customer.
- Presentation of analysis data to the customer (in the context of customers' gate reviews: PDR; BDR; CDR; etc.).
- Support the test campaigns and the analysis of test results, working hand-in-hand with the Assembly, Integration and Test operations team (working in clean room environment)
- Lead investigation of technical issues or problems.
- Provide support to other groups such as the Mechanical Design Office, Purchasing, equipment suppliers and Assembly and Integration Test teams.
- Support customer and supplier design/test review meetings (in support of the 'Justify design and build' process).
- Previous Payload experience essential.
- RF communication engineering.
- RF Instruments; Test Equipment and Test technique.
- Working within an environment controlled strictly through an established Quality system
- Microwave / high frequency RF engineering.
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications systems.
- An understanding of equipment fitted to the Satellite payload such as receivers, converters, amplifiers, waveguides and antennas.
- Previous experience of tools used for the model of RF systems or Telecom systems would be a plus (Matlab; Octave; SystemVue; etc.).
- Modulation and coding schemes Engineering life cycles and equipment/system/payload or environmental testing Quality standards.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan