Belcan Workforce Solutions has a great opportunity for a Performance System Senior Engineer to join our expanding UK team for a major and prestigious automotive company.
Joining the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for an Engine Performance Systems Engineer within the Performance Systems Integration Group based at our Peterborough Facility.
This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with internal and industrial partners as well as with our India, China and US based sister teams.
The team leads the development and validation of the engine performance installed in customer applications for the entire Medium Engine range, this includes global process responsibility for software, calibration and certification.
You will need to have technical expertise in some of the following areas and strive to broaden and develop across our other areas of focus:
- Diesel engine core performance and emissions
- Diesel engine aftertreatment specification and performance
- Product controls software development
- Product technical issue root cause and resolution
- Acting as Performance Systems Engineer for one of our engine platforms within the team to ultimately deliver an off-highway diesel engine performance that exceeds customer expectations
- Data analysis and engine performance predictions and problem solving
- Engine simulation and performance modelling, including mathematical modelling of complicated physical problems
- Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
- Use simulation models effectively to solve urgent engineering problems.
- Lead issue investigations for complex systems interaction issues in NPI and/or current product spaces, working closely with customers, suppliers and process partners
- Work with regulation team partners to maintain product compliance across worldwide territories.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
- Detailed and significant knowledge of internal combustion engines in some of the key areas outlined above
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business
- Experience of MATLAB and Simulink
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Experience of complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment
- Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic
- Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
- Knowledge of heavy-duty machine applications
- Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis)
- Product sign-off and report documentation
- Knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
- Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan