Sitec a Belcan Company currently have an opportunity for a Supply Officer to join our client, a leading aerospace company for an initial 12 months. The role is based in Broughton.
The successful candidate will be able to take advantage of the latest hybrid working benefits, sharing time between home and office based activities.
You will drive supplier performance across the end-to-end supply chain in a fast-moving, digital environment.
The key mission of the Supply Officer is:
- Daily management of the supplier portfolio using existing business tools and future digitalization means:
- Anticipation of risks and drive mitigation actions
- Demand and forecast control
- Communicate effectively to internal customers, team colleagues and external suppliers
- Supply chain prioritisation
- Challenge Supplier performance where appropriate
- Lead & Drive Supplier recoveries
- Understand and define the optimal ordering characteristics and strategy
- Specify and use of process automation
- Use data management tools to drive decisions in the supply chain
- Order Book Management and maintaining MRP Master Data
- Coordinate Supplier Working Parties
- Interact transnationally with suppliers (remotely and/or at suppliers) and proactively operate in a procurement community as partner to the Supply Chain Quality Manager and Commercial Buyer
- Be the 1st point of contact for supply chain queries from operations.
- Own and Optimise Procured Goods Stock.
- Create the future: Support Supply chain and Logistics Transformation projects
Desired skills and education:
- Solid experience ideally in one of the following areas: Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering.
- Experience in the use and deployment of Digital solutions/tools
- Experience of transnational working
- MRP expertise and experience of SAP in a manufacturing environment
- Expertise in problem solving.
- Good team work ethic
- Negotiation level of English
- Project management and LEAN experience.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Willingness to travel and flexibility
- Education in supply chain management: APICS or equivalent
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan