Belcan has an exciting opportunity at our Cheltenham Facility for a Supply Chain Co-ordinator to provide purchasing support to the business. They will be dealing with obtaining products and services to enable the engineering teams to provide test equipment to the Automotive and Aerospace Industries.
The Supply Chain Co-ordinator will ensure that the purchasing function is managed to achieve agreed delivery, quality and cost targets.
- Sourcing alternative supply options and new product opportunities and savings
- Manage supplier lead times through expediting and communication
- Planning of supply chain milestones and forward workload planning
- Support to quoting activities for Engineering
- Support Engineering to bring projects in on purchasing budget
- Maintenance of supplier evaluations for AS9100 & Supplier Requirements
- Raising and issuing purchase orders
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided through the supply chain
- Develop relationships with key suppliers to ensure effective sourcing
- Support project management with Engineering team
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Non -Conformance & CAPA Management.
- General Office Administration when required
Experience and Skills:
- Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Electronics purchasing experience is desirable
- IT skills to include MS office, order/invoice systems, data entry and manipulation
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Perk Box
- Salary Sacrifice
- Life Assurance
- Training and Career Development
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security with over 10,000 professionals serving hundreds of customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.