Stress Engineer R&T Bristol
Sitec a Belcan Company has an opportunity for an Aerospace Stress Engineer to work with the Belcan Stress team in Bristol. This is a Contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months +.
With a background in composite materials, he/she will support their Research and Technology team.
The successful candidate will be involved in screening test data reports, finding strength properties to calculate RF Targets. Calculating failure loads of test specimens using hand calculations and ISAMI modules. Sizing major components using novel design concepts to optimise weight and performance. Identifying and analysing repair concepts using ISAMI modules and hand calculations. Composite Test analysis and stress report generation, including design of test specimens. Application of test analysis methods for wing structure analysis.
A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Proven experience working as an aircraft stress engineer involved in the analysis of primary composite structures using a broad range of standard hand and computational methods
- An ability to rapidly and confidently assess structural problems and to provide the appropriate direction and guidance to team members
- A good understanding of aircraft production methods and processes
- A strong team player who shows a high regard for client requirements, whilst maintaining design integrity as the over-riding principle
- Experience of PC and mainframe computer systems
- English, to negotiation level
Tasks will include (but not limited to)
- Composite Test analysis and stress report generation.
- Studies to develop design of test specimens.
- Application of test analysis methods for wing analysis
Additional qualities may include:
* A proven background in using industry standard software such as ISAMI, Hyperworks, Nastran
* Previous experience in a research and development environment
* Good communication skills and a pro-active approach to problem solving
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction and have a background that will allow UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level to be obtained.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan