Stress Engineers - Static - Level 2 / Signatory status
As a specialist in Aircraft Repair Engineering Support, Belcan Airframe undertakes repair and recertification responsibility for many of the world's most recognisable Aircraft Manufacturers, Commercial Airlines and Part 21J organisations.
Our team of Aircraft Repair Engineers are designing, analysing, approving, and delivering major and minor primary and secondary structural repairs through repair embodiment programmes covering entire fleets for large commercial and military aircraft (fixed wing and rotors).
We are seeking applications from the handful of people who really know and accept what is, after all, the responsibility for ensuring passenger and flight crew safety.
We are seeking Senior Static Stress Engineers, with past or present Signatory status, to join our team.
Based in Bristol UK, Office, Remote and Hybrid opportunities are available.
Working with an approachable and experienced team of dedicated, responsive, dynamic and forward-thinking design, static and fatigue engineers, the repair static stress engineer's role would suit a candidate with current or recent fixed wing and/or rotor structural analysis experience.
AOG and short turnaround requests are frequent, and you will be rewarded with taking control of a task from start to finish, with the bonus of closure when the collated teams work has been approved.
You should thrive on the responsibility of working in a highly tuned Engineering team who consistently strive to provide the best solutions. You will be expected to deliver real repairs for live aircraft, on time and on quality, whilst working to strict timescales and with flexibility in your approach. Providing the best solution for the life of the airframe is the minimum that we expect to achieve for our customers.
You must have the ability to proactively manage and organise individual workload, as well as tasks to support the wider team. You will have very good communication skills & provide efficient responses to internal and external stakeholders. A good command of technical English, both written and verbal, is essential.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- MEng / BEng Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent) preferred although any candidates with the right experience will be considered.
- We are looking for sharp minded individuals who can quickly and efficiently justify each repair scenario using validated methods. A solid understanding of lightweight structures and aerospace structural design is essential.
- Candidates will have experience using a wide range of hand calculation methods and associated supporting technical documents with the ability to apply and adapt these methods to real situations. An awareness and experience of FE techniques is useful.
- Excellent PC skills are essential, including high level proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
- The role involves leading the preparation of structural justifications for Aircraft repair and in service issues, along with contributions to Technical Dispositions and Repair Instructions to support the repair certification process.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan