Senior Network Design Engineer - Inside of IR35
Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Senior Network Design Engineer for a Defence and Aerospace company in Newport (some remote working). The post is for an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Summary of role:
This role is to provide architecture and design skills into project team proposing and delivering solutions based primarily on COTS applications, in-Service based solutions. To act as a leading technical contact for design activities in network communications, routing, switching and firewalls.
Formal Education & Training:
- Have completed a recognised Engineering Apprentice with HNC-D or Engineering Qualification to Degree level either in communications or IT systems or other related engineering fields.
- Technical qualifications to professional level (CCNP) backed by several years of experience producing & delivering network solutions
- Several years of experience in a similar role within industry supporting UK MOD projects.
- Familiar with test and integration methods for software, hardware and network systems, and strong in the build development methods for at least one of these.
- Competent in all skills as shown: CISCO CCNP, SNMP, FTP, networking theory.
- Exposure of working with a 24/7 high availability & highly secure systems; Skillful in identifying design risks.
- Proven experience of working with at least 1 of the following sectors Defence or UK Central Government
- Proven experience of designing multi-vendor complex secure communications and information exchange network interfaces to government grade.
- Proven experience of development of prototype secure solution within a multi-disciplined team whilst providing operational (day-to-day) management and control.
- Proven experience of working with product vendors to optimize a solution both for a technical and financial axis.
- Working knowledge of some of the following - JSP's, Cabinet Office Technical Design Documents, NATO STANAGs
- Have worked and led small Technical Teams in both a development and delivery role.
You must hold current SC Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan