Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer for a Defence Company in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis
Ideally you must hold current SC/DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
Provide designs for the Facility Design Authority (FDA) such that utilities, infrastructure, engineering processes, equipment and facilities are compliant with legislation, standards and requirements associated with engineering design throughout the facility lifecycle.
Key requirements and essential skills for the role: Mechanical Handling SME duties include:
- Keeping the companies Mechanical Handling Standards, Guidance and Mandatory Elements documents up to date, to ensure they reflect RGP and ensure conformance to confidential documents
- Being a Subject Matter Expert for Conventional and High Hazardous lifting designs with a knowledge of FEM for various items such as Cranes, Machines, Trolleys and Material Stresses
- Carry out competency assessments of designers working for the company
- Provide support, advice and guidance on Mechanical Handling queries from designers, project and facility communities
- Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
- Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
- Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
- Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
- Review and check Design Engineers work.
- Monitor and assess competence of Design Engineers in relevant discipline area.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Qualifications required: professional qualifications such as a relevant degree is desirable but not essential and will be subject to experience of candidate
Can part time or flexible working options could be considered for this role: yes but subject to agreement with task manager at interview
Can working from home be considered for this position: part WFH/Part site based, to be agreed at interview
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan