Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for Senior Engineers to join our clients Defence Sector which include a Defence establishment near Reading on a Permanent basis with a generous salary & benefits.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
Our client are looking for Senior/Section Engineers with experience in delivering complex projects to join their defence sector, which includes a contract at a facility near Reading.
- Co-ordination of sub-contractor activities, including chairing regular co-ordination meetings with staff and subcontractors.
- Ensuring project documentation is completed for hand-over and Take Over
- Studying drawings and technical documents and raising technical queries to the Solution Managers for clarification of any conflicting information
- In liaison with the Agent maintain the Site Risk Register
- Ensuring education and training on recognition of hazards and control measures required.
- Overall compliance with Health & Safety Legislation, Company Policy and best practice throughout the construction / commissioning process
- Ensuring all site supervisors including subcontractors have adequate training and resources to carry out their roles
- Managing inductions and tool-box talks
- Managing site rules and emergency procedures
- Obtaining and issuing all permits, as required
- Ensuring accurate signing of all site hazards during construction
- Detailed programming of site activities in conjunction with sub-contractors and the rest of the team
- Co-ordination of H&S meetings, site progress meetings
- Ensuring maintenance of all installed plant prior to handover
- Ensuring call-out procedures are established and followed
- Ensuring Non-Conformance Reports are issued when required
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.