Belcan Workforce Solutions Are Currently looking a Senior Electrification Engineer in the Industrial Power Systems Division.
This role will support the Electronics, Controls and Instrumentation service provided by the Test Facilities Engineering team in our dedicated state of the art Europe Research & Development Centre, based in Peterborough, UK. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this vacancy is a senior engineering position that will contribute to the successful design and implementation of brand-new state of the art development facilities to grow the increasing demand on electric drivetrain systems for our customer applications. The work will include designing facilities for battery build, test & rectification, full EV machine workshops as well as control systems for electric driveline test cells. Delivery of these new facilities is a major strategic part of shaping the future and an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
The day-to-day work will involve leadership and execution of projects working across a multi-functional team and support developing control and measurement techniques for electric drivetrain technology testing. The successful applicant will become a key member of the Test Facilities Engineering team, with opportunities to work on the creation and deployment of these new systems.
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Peterborough (WFH)
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluation, selection, and deployment of control and measurement equipment.
- Design and development of electrical systems and control systems.
- Collation and distribution of findings in technical reports.
- Design modifications to facility plant, test rigs and equipment.
- Develop, document, and maintain processes
- Complex fault finding.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience of working in an engine, powertrain, or EV test cell environment or with relevant control and measurement systems.
- Team working skills to operate effectively with engineers and technicians.
- Excellent attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks with the capacity for continuous learning.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, with the ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- An Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Proficient in PC operation for engineering software.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience in electrical hybridisation of IC engines and/or developing testing facilities to support this.
- Experience in developing or testing electric vehicles, experience of battery pack management.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of electrical systems, control systems, and data capture systems.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan