Part of a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
We have extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities, specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning.
This commitment is delivered by an experienced and highly competent workforce of over 4,500 employees operating from 14 offices in strategic industrial hubs, upholding the highest standards of safety, compliance, and quality.
As a key member of the UK Engineering Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and groundbreaking EPC projects in the UK. Professional development of our Engineering Team is key to our success and if you join us, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of the global engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
If you perform, then we will reward you with an attractive remuneration package, but also a lot of flexibility, of working hours, working from home and part time working.
- Supporting the Lead and Senior Engineers, you are responsible for the production of the Electrical Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) designs within single discipline, multi-discipline engineering, EPCM or EPC projects
- These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield.
- You are responsible to carry out all design activities using your own initiative to the agreed timescales and budget
- You are responsible for the quality of the EC&I design
- You may be asked to participate in internal and external design reviews supporting the Lead and Senior Engineers
- Depending on size and complexity you may be the responsible EC&I designer for one project, or for a portfolio of projects
- You should be able to identify changes to the design scope and report the changes to the Lead and/or Senior Engineer, providing support to the management of change process
- You are responsible for driving quality in all Engineering designs which can include dependant on experience, the checking of discipline design deliverables to company procedures
- More than 5 years of experience as an EC&I designer, in single discipline and multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above mentioned sectors
- The role requires a strong electrical design background, with knowledge in the instrumentation sector
- Sound knowledge of EC&I engineering and design, but you also have a sound knowledge of the other disciplines (Automation, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Piping and Process)
- HNC / HND in EC&I Engineering (Preferred)
- BS7671 18th Edition required
- COMPEX Ex12a and 12b (Preferred)
- You should be able to assist where applicable in the delivery of site surveys of existing assets, including the production of site survey reports.
- Experienced with the production of all EC&I drawings and schedules
- Because of the variety of projects that we execute, we are looking for both experienced and less experienced candidates.
- Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is approved by the Lead and/or Senior Engineer
- You liaise and work closely with you designated Engineer to ensure you are working on the correct deliverables. You have a 'one time right' mentality
- Experienced with the main E&I design packages including AMTECH, AutoCAD, AutoCAD electrical, Revit, Dialux and all Microsoft office packages
- Sound understanding of the current British and European Standards
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.