Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is an estimated 2-3 year contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Ideally you must hold current SC Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
- Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
- Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
- Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
- Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
- Review and check Design Engineers work.
- Monitor and assess competence of Design Engineers in relevant discipline area.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Essential Qualifications required:
- HND/Degree in Building Services, mechanical or electrical engineering
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
- Design experience in high hazard material handling and integration with modern manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Experience of building energy management systems, HVAC, special gases and mechanical services.
- Home/remote working is an option.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan