Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Senior Cost Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is an estimated 24 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis
You must hold current SC Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
- Implement appropriate procedures, processes and systems to ensure the quality and consistency of data.
- Prepare, monitor and control of forecasts and budgets for specified projects, including change control.
- Interrogate systems and performance to ascertain actual expenditure and project accruals as needed.
- Preparation of cost reports, including trend analysis and early warnings where necessary.
- Perform and support other Cost Engineer requirements as requested.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Conduct full and detailed SPI, CPI variance analysis and subsequent root cause analysis, followed by provision of narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales.
- Establish the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and lead on the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Developing benchmarking information to meet specific needs.
- Provide trended data to the Project Manager based on performance to date and emerging trends including making recommendations.
- Tracking manpower productivity and analysing time booked to projects including resource usage vs. planned, resource constraints, etc. and make any relevant recommendations to the Project Manager.
Qualifications required: Degree or HNC/HND in appropriate business or technical discipline preferable or proven cost engineering experience within an area of the company.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan