Senior Contracts Officer
12 Month Contract - Inside IR35
Location - Prestwick
The Senior Contracts Officer is to ensure contract adherence between the business and our customers and to manage the interface with our customers through the application of commercial awareness and contractual knowledge. Management of sustaining commercial aircraft contracts to deliver best value for the business.
- Designated contact lead for specific customers managing communication, correspondence, meetings, purchase orders etc
- Lead senior level internal meetings representing Customer Contracts to ensure commercial awareness and assistance in resolution of customer issues.
- Generation and/or submission of any relevant customer reports and pricing analysis.
- Negotiation and agreement with the customer of price impacts associated with the contract change process.
- Primary interface between customers and all internal business functions to ensure commercial issues are addressed on a timely basis in support of business needs.
- Contractual support to the Program function
- Contract creation and maintenance on SAP in compliance with commercial procedures and controls to ensure validity of sales pricing.
- Creation of sales orders on SAP for all non-recurring business activity.
- Interpretation of cost data and rationale in preparation of commercial claims prior to submission and negotiation.
- Analysis and negotiation of customer claims to agree commercial liability and cost resolution.
- Creation and submission of customer proposals in accordance with business processes and procedures.
- Development of effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Management of proposal submission dates.
- The Senior Contracts Officer will also support new business initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Graduate/ HND or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Experienced in contract management and customer negotiations
- Experienced in communicating both written and orally internally within the business and externally with customers.
- Ability to manage complex tasks, small projects and resources
- Ability to manage due dates
- Well developed IT skills and SAP system competency
- Working knowledge of Contract Terms and legal requirements
- Good financial judgement
- Skilled at relationship management
- Developed planning and organisational skills
- Project and stakeholder management skills
- Previous experiance within the aerospace industry
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan