Emissions Compliance Technical Lead
We currently operate in an unprecedented global regulatory enforcement environment, and the compliance expectations of key regulators, its Board of Directors, customers and investors have never been higher. The news today is full of real cases of the financial and reputational damage caused at large multinational corporations by emissions regulatory infringement. The global footprint, key markets and industries, growth strategy and business model puts emissions compliance risk at the forefront of many of our commercial and business processes. The cost, reputational harm and erosion of shareholder value created by just one of these events cannot be overstated.
The Emissions Regulations and Compliance (ERC) Group is accountable for interpreting, communicating and leading the enterprise to a strong position of global emissions regulatory compliance.
The UK ERC team is part of the larger ERC department and works closely with the Group's global emissions experts and U.S. based certification & compliance teams to provide focused regulatory guidance, certification and compliance services for the medium engines' products (<7.1 Litre) and Wimborne Marine Propulsion Centre (WMPC).
The Manager of the UK Emissions Compliance Team is recruiting for the position of Emissions Compliance Technical Lead. For the right candidate, this role will present opportunity and challenge in equal measures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Has an awareness/ understanding of compliance responsibilities associated with worldwide emissions regulations for diesel engines
- Lead resolution of complex emissions regulatory risks with multi-functional teams (specifically technical and legal)
- Champion a strong understanding and proactive engagement of global (emissions) regulatory compliance requirements
- Lead cross functional improvement initiatives for compliance related business processes
- Manage compliance processes for the UK ERC group and ensure alignment with >7.1 Litre team where appropriate
- Ensure robust execution of compliance processes
- Ensure robust execution of mandatory and self-audit conformity of production test programmes
- Ensure robust execution of the Exempt Engine Management Process (EEM)
- Prepare and submit compliance reports to governmental agencies
- Proven technical capability and some understanding of emissions legislative requirements
- Strong knowledge of engines <7.1 Litre
- Ability to digest complex technical / regulatory issues, distil into clear appropriate guidance and champion / lead to resolution
- Strong moral compass. Has a passion for doing things right and to a high standard
- Demonstrated ability to instigate and successfully lead change through all layers of a business
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse functional areas, spanning the global manufacturing facilities and business centres
- Confident and articulate communicator
- Ability to travel (occasional) and represent us on a global platform
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan