Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Senior Authorised Person (M&E) for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current SC/DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
This role is required to provide support within the Engineering Safety Organisation.
The team is going through a transitional phase and requires support in the implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Provides judgement on the safe and effective implementation of engineering safety within area of authority.
- Assess and manage competence of AP, NP and CP resources.
- Influences and contributes to the development of the companies engineering safety policies.
- Approves live working.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Set, manage and assess standards for competence of AP, NP and CP resources.
- Manage and review legislative records pertaining to engineering safety.
- Provide advice on the safe and effective implementation of engineering safety.
- Intelligent customer for delivery of engineering safety within facility engineering.
- Optimise the delivery of Engineering Safety department.
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
- Knowledge and experience in the application of engineering safety procedures and appointment of engineering safety persons - mechanical or electrical
Is home/remote working an option?
- For some of the work, but there will be a requirement for on-site attendance. At the moment, 1 to 2 days on site/week, but this is likely to increase quickly to 3 to 4 days/week
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan