Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for a Senior Application Developer for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 9 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance. Candidates should be willing and able to work in designated areas where the need arises.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
- Ensure compliance with company processes and procedures relating to the delivery of project.
- Identify key development design patterns for re-use to save time and cost and reduce re-work.
- Lead developer on key projects and ensuring the team delivers to meet requirements.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
- Undertake research and development of new technologies to maintain current knowledge.
- Agreeing approach to delivery within the delivery project team.
- Ensure that the team adheres to appropriate delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum and Agile theory, practices and rules.
- Undertake analysis of business requirements, working with customers to prepare solution designs and specifications for self and others to meet customer requirements.
- Design and build software and software modifications to meet business requirements using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Provide technical third line support for supported applications and services.
- Ensure configuration and change is managed and controlled throughout software development lifecycle.
- Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process.
- Carry out code reviews across all development deliveries to ensure high quality first time.
- Maintain local software quality documentation to ensure TS800 standards are met.
- Provide timely updates to task managers on the status of assigned deliverables.
- A degree in an IT subject or relevant experience in a software developer role
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
- Up to date .net C# skills, Vue.js Skills, Familiar with entity frameworks, Strong skills in UI and UX
Part time or flexible working options could be considered for this role
Is home/remote working an option? Yes. Requirement on site up to 5% of total contract time.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan