Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking for a Senior Application Developer for a Defence establishment in Reading. The posts is for an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current SC Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the development and provision of software applications in line with relevant company policies, processes or external regulations, standards, codes of practice, and best practice. Analysis and programming support to the business in line with the business plan to protect, develop and enhance the company's brand. Technical lead in the development team.
- Up to date .net C# skills
- Vue.js Skills
- Familiar with entity frameworks
- Strong skills in UI and UX
- Ensure compliance with company processes and procedures relating to the delivery of project.
- Identify key development design patterns for re-use to save time and cost and reduce re-work.
- Lead developer on key projects and ensuring the team delivers to meet requirements.
- Lead 3rd party integrated developers/teams.
- Undertake research and development of new technologies to maintain current knowledge.
- Agreeing approach to delivery within the delivery project team.
- Ensure that the team adheres to appropriate delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum and Agile theory, practices and rules, and work as a servant leader within the project team.
- Undertake analysis of business requirements, working with customers to prepare solution designs and specifications for self and others to meet customer requirements.
- Design and build software and software modifications to meet business requirements using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Provide technical third line support for supported applications and services.
- Ensure configuration and change is managed and controlled throughout software development lifecycle.
- Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process.
- Carry out code reviews across all development deliveries to ensure high quality first time.
- Maintain local software quality documentation to ensure TS800 standards are met.
- Provide timely updates to task managers on the status of assigned deliverables.
- Retain knowledge of latest programming and design techniques.
Essential Qualifications required:
A degree in an IT subject or more than 5 years of experience in a software developer role.
Can part time or flexible working options could be considered for this role: No
Is home/remote working an option? Yes, home working is suitable, although essential site attendance may be required from time to time.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan