Belcan provides engineering, consultancy and workforce solution services to some of the world's biggest organisations, covering industries from aerospace and defence through to heavy equipment and power generation.
The role holder will sit within our newly created Shared Service team with responsibility for the EMEA Accounts Payable function.
The shared service team will be responsible for the accounting and transactional finance processing across AR, AP, Intercompany, Cash Management, Payroll, Expenses and GL postings using our Oracle fusion finance system. The role holder will embed a professional, continuous improvement culture where accountability, team spirit, process-excellence and customer-focus are at the forefront of everything delivered.
This is a high volume multi-site, multi-currency ledger and the role holder will be the main point of contact for managing and resolving queries, establishing and maintaining key internal and external relationships and ledger processing within agreed SLA's.
This role will have direct line management of two Finance Assistants and will be required to provide training and guidance to a cross skilled resource pool within the Shared Service team.
- Creation and maintenance of supplier master records
- Maintain multiple purchase ledgers across our EMEA entities
- Processing of supplier invoices matching against business approvals
- Weekly supplier payment runs
- Administration of the purchase order system
- Deliver business reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required
- Finalising and completing the Month End open and close process with supporting reconciliations
- Processing and payment of employee expenses
- Management of daily/weekly/monthly Payables tasks and timetable
- Maintain, improve and implement best in practice SOP for Accounts Payable
- Statutory reporting and audit compliance
- High level of communication skills to provide guidance to finance and non-finance team members
- Willingness to contribute suggestions and ideas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of legacy processes and procedures
- Previous experience of Microsoft Office packages, excel, outlook and word
- Takes full ownership and accountability of issues to resolution
- Minimum 3 years' experience in senior role within an Accounts Payable environment
- Experience of driving process improvement and standardisation
- Proficient user of Microsoft excel
- Strong team player. Directing the team (multi locations), processing transactions, and owning the AP function.
- Ability to problem solve account issues and queries
- Working knowledge of Oracle Cloud accounting package is highly desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.