Belcan are currently looking to recruit a number of Nuclear Safety Case Managers / Authors to join our client on a major programme located near Reading. The posts are for an estimated 12 month contract initially with long term opportunities and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current SC or DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The positions have been deemed Outside of IR35.
- Contribute to development and implementation of nuclear safety processes & standards.
- Nuclear safety requirements development and management.
- Safety case preparation and production.
- Liaison with site safety committees and regulators as appropriate.
- Engagement, deployment and management of a cadre of nuclear safety case related resources, including: safety case authors, human factors assessors, criticality assessors, nuclear fire safety assessors.
- Technical or engineering background with a suitable degree or demonstrable industrial experience
- Experience of working in a safety and safety case environment within the nuclear and defence industries
- Knowledge and experience of the application of hazard identification; fault schedule development; safety functional requirements (SFR) derivation; and probabilistic safety analysis
- Experience of nuclear safety analysis process management; and nuclear safety case leadership
- Awareness of design process; and nuclear safety.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan