Permanent Hybrid role with trips to a Belcan office & Customer sites as required.
Competitive salary - based on industry experience.
Belcan are looking to recruit a Risk and Safety Consultant (at Senior/Principal level) with hands on experience in Process Safety/Technical Safety/Functional Safety studies and analysis to deliver a variety of exciting projects in the UK.
The role will involve development and execution of a wide variety of Process Safety, Technical Safety, and Risk Analysis Studies for our clients in the Energy and Utility sector. Additionally, the role would involve active involvement with implementation of functional safety lifecycle activities (as per IEC 61511 and IEC 61508).
Note: BAS Risk and Safety team can be involved as design assurance consultants acting on behalf of end users/operators and also as independent specialists supporting major engineering contractors.
Belcan are looking for professionals with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference, an interest in complex engineering projects and a desire to deliver the highest quality of works for our clients. An appropriate level of commercial awareness and business acumen are also highly desirable for these roles.
Key Competencies Required:
Relevant Experience within Process Safety / Technical Safety / Functional Safety with demonstratable experience in more than one of the following areas:
- Strong skills in Consequence Modelling and Risk Analysis using PHAST/PHAST Risk/SAFETI
- Delivering quantitative risk assessments such as: QRAs, Fire Risk, Explosion Assessments (FERAs), Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Analysis (EERA), Emergency Systems Survivability Analysis (ESSA)
- Participating/Facilitating/Organising HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SIL Studies
- Strong understanding and direct experience of Functional Safety Lifecycle (IEC 61511) application
- Barrier Management (Bow-Ties), CFD Modelling, Process Safety Management (desirable but not essential)
- Degree in an Engineering discipline such as Chemical/Process Engineering, Control & Instrumentation etc. - a specialisation in Safety, Risk and Reliability would be highly desirable but not essential
- Membership of a recognised professional institution
- Ideally with consulting background and experience in both Greenfield and Brownfield projects with major Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) and Operating Companies
- Ideally with experience in all project lifecycle stages (Concept, FEED, Detail Design etc.) in the process industry and energy sector (including Oil and Gas, LNG, Petrochemicals)
- Liaising with Project Management and Client Stakeholders
- Effective communicator with excellent report writing skills and conversant with various Microsoft Office applications
- Organised and adaptive professional with ability to efficiently and proactively collaborate in a remote working environment (using MS Teams or similar).
BAS is a specialist engineering consultancy providing control & instrumentation engineering, process & technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services. We are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation. BAS is part of Belcan, an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.