Aircraft Repair Engineers, Stress and Design, for Belcan in Bristol
We have exciting opportunities for Aircraft Stress and Design Engineers to join the Belcan Repair Team in Bristol. Our Repair organisation is reactive, proactive and fast paced, delivering Static Stress, Fatigue analysis and Design repair solutions.
From Lightning / Bird strikes, Un-contained rotor failure damage to major repair embodiment programmes covering entire fleets, our Repair Team has lived it and repaired it.
There are Permanent and Contract roles available with Remote and Hybrid working possible.
Aircraft primary structural design repair solutions for major OEM's. This may include aircraft modifications, new repair solution definition, technical investigations of aircraft documentation, technical interpretation of damage reporting, liaison with Static Stress, Fatigue Damage Tolerance Engineers and interaction with OEM customer front desk.
Repair engineer's role would suit a candidate with current or recent fixed wing MRO Technical Services / Airworthiness Engineering experience who has had the exposure of communicating with OEMs compiling structural damage reports, digesting approved Technical Publications SRM, AMM, IPC, MPD, AD and SBs etc. Any OEM in-service repair experience will also be considered.
- Understanding of Civil aircraft structures
- A logical and practical approach to problem solving
- A digital vision & innovative mind-set with a proactive and continuous learning attitude.
- Coding experience and technical skills and/or interest on this subjects
- Strong communication skills verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent team-working skills
- The ability to work independently, whilst working to strict time-scales
All candidates must be currently eligible to work in the UK without restriction and have a background that will allow UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level to be obtained.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan