Quality Assurance and Control Manager
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager has arisen onsite with one of our clients, a world leader within many key industries. This role is placed within Oil & Gas, Aviation, Construction/ petrochemical industry.
As a Quality manager you will be responsible to manage and control projects and associated quality assurance processes, supporting and managing necessary quality assurance, document control and system resources required to provide effective support to the Project.
Manager will ensure that quality control systems are established, communicated, applied and remain effective to provide 'right first time' products and services to satisfy business and customer expectations, ensuring quality, reliability and performance standards are maintained and to support and manage necessary QA/QC resource in projects.
- The Quality Assurance and Control Manager will be responsible for the provision of Quality related advice and guidance to the Project and ensure full utilisation of internal reporting systems to capture all quality related data, such as audit findings, non-conformities, observations, improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for conducting internal audits, in accordance with the published project audit programme, and produce reports in relation to audit outcomes.
- Prepare and review Quality Plans, Inspection and Test Plans and supporting QA documentation.
- Responsible for liaising with Project Quality Control inspectors and validating the implementation and effectiveness of Project corrective actions any NC or internal/ external audits.
- To promote a Right first time approach to quality and Safety and ensure quality performance monitoring is maintained and reviewed accordingly against agreed KPIs
- Oversee quality operations to ensure all documentation and specifications are adhered to and ensure subcontractors / Suppliers conform to the company and project requirements.
- Liaise with all relevant Project stakeholders in relation to the preparation and submission of Project quality requirements and supporting documentation
- Liaise with Client's QA departments to ensure transparency and open communication and Actively promote and encourage a Continuous improvement philosophy.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Good Engineering and Quality Assurance and Quality Control background.
- Development of project QA documentation (Quality Plans, ITPs etc) and review of supplier QA documentation.
- Pipework, steelwork and insulation knowledge -Desirable
- Demonstrable, current knowledge and experience of Quality Management Systems in a regulated environment such as construction, petrochemical, aerospace etc.
- Must have a full understanding on how to deliver internal audits of management systems and be able to communicate outcomes.
- Knowledge and familiarity with KPIs and performance monitoring techniques
- The ability to understand and interpret ISO Management System Standards, technical drawings and specifications is desirable.
- +5 years' experience working in a highly regulated industry (petrochemical /Oil & Gas/Aviation, Construction)
- Recognised and current Internal Auditor qualification IRCA - Essential
- Recognised quality qualification/certification- Essential
- Welding knowledge- CSWIP 3.1 - Desirable
The list of responsibilities and benefits are not exhaustive. Please send your CV and contact me straightaway if this role sounds like it could be your next career move and I will tell you all about it.
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.