Belcan Technical Recruitment are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Buyer for our client who is a world leader in construction and mining equipment based in Stafford for an estimated 6 months contract to start off with and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
As a Purchasing Buyer you will be responsible for managing procurement activity for the Large Power System Division (LPSD) at our Stafford Engine manufacturing facility. Your role will involve the local management of a number of suppliers and components for both current production and new engines currently under development. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate procurement excellence through working closely with both internal departments and the suppliers. As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions and deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. As the Purchasing Buyer you will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects, supply chain optimisation and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment within the purchasing and procurement industry.
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line(s) NPI programs
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category Buyers and Buyers in our India Manufacturing Facility.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role.
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base.
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of managing global suppliers.
- Professional certification in Purchasing or Supply Chain.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan