Belcan is a specialist technical services provider and engineering consultancy of which we have a proud history of high-quality outputs and commitment to developing the next generation of technical consultants and specialist engineers. Our experience spans across various engineering industries including aerospace, defence, marine, nuclear, automotive, and cyber security.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to work across our Operational Technology (OT), OT Cyber, and multi-disciplinary Design Engineering business streams within our Oil & Gas and Utilities sector projects, and to work on Critical National Infrastructure projects under NEC contract frameworks.
The role is responsible for working with multi-disciplinary teams to enable our clients to enhance, upgrade and risk-manage their assets.
Hybrid working from our London office in Mortlake SW14 or Cheltenham GL51.
Travel to clients sites throughout the UK as required.
Key work areas and responsibilities:
- Taking ownership for multiple projects at any one time.
- Client facing with key customers.
- Plan and ensure delivery of scopes of work, ensuring work is completed on time, to budget, and to the agreed standard.
- Responsible for effective client relationship management and provides updates to internal and external stakeholders on project/contract progress.
- Ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required.
- Responsible for commercial activities associated with projects including the delivery of the agreed gross margin, management of cost control, and other key commercial and financial metrics.
- Quality control and management.
- Production of formal project documentation to a high-quality standard in line with company procedures.
- Coordination between Technical team, Project Management team, and PMO function.
- Projects cost assessment and preparation of payment applications.
- Tracking contractual documentation e.g. TQ, RFI, PMI, CEN,Quotes etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar Project Management role in an Engineering environment.
- Experience in OT, Technical Safety, Mechanical Engineering, or EC&I
- Development of professional documents in the form of reports, project management plans and other analysis-based documentation
- Project Management qualification (APM or PMI)
- Experience with NEC3/4 contracts
- Proficiency with MS Project or Primavera
- Key sector experience in: Oil & Gas, Utilities, Energy, or Infrastructure
- Understanding and experience across a range of engineering disciplines.
- NEC Project Management Professional (Certified)
- Chartered Engineer
- Completed technical higher education in a relevant field
- Certificates or education related to industrial automation, mechanical engineering, EC&I or technical safety.
What's in it for you if you join?
We offer an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, work/life balance, continuous personal development and training, pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days of holiday + BH, and a 24/7 Mental Health Hotline.
Salary sacrifice EV Car scheme available after 6 months probation.
We have so much more to share with you about this opportunity, so if you're a Project Manager ready to take on a new challenge, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and help us continue to expand our business and enhance our clients' operations.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.