Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for a Project Manager for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance. Candidates should be willing and able to work in designated areas where the need arises.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
To deliver assigned projects to time, cost and quality, compliant with the client's processes. The role of the Project Manager may also include the applications of their skill sets within nuclear programmes and projects in supporting the delivery of the Company's mission. Project Managers will be expected to work in roles which require an awareness and compliance to the nuclear license conditions.
- Technical experience of mechanical upgrades
- PM with good technical knowledge / experience, preferably with scientific measurement solutions and IT development
What will you be doing?
Day to day management of a portfolio of projects that enable the Company to maintain delivery of a significant and high profile capability
What will you be working on?
Initially assay and radiography upgrade projects + IT enhanced capabilities
- Manage projects with focus on Governance (compliance and reporting).
- Management of project resources (people, money).
- Lead the planning of the task/project.
- Manage work as defined in the Work Authorisation Document (WAD).
- Lead, support and initiate change against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Lead, initiate and perform risk and opportunity identification and subsequent actions.
Home working is an option
Flexible and Part time work will be considered
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan