Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for a Project Manager for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
To deliver assigned projects to time, cost and quality, compliant with our client's processes. The role of the Project Manager may also include the applications of their skill sets within nuclear programmes and projects in supporting the delivery of the company's mission. Project Managers will be expected to work in roles which require an awareness and compliance to the nuclear license conditions.
Looking for a PM that has either construction or IT infrastructure (not software or applications) background. Would also consider a "purist" with no technical background.
The projects that they will looking after are:
- Security Based - Involves civils, commercial, contractual via CEMAR, Security systems re-instatement and commissioning
- Office refurb - Involves power IT fibres upgrade to the floor plate, video conferencing etc. The customer has high expectations
- A construction project. Not overly complicated but a very tight timescale.
- Security upgrade
- Deliver assigned projects in accordance with requirements, operational constraints, time, cost and quality.
- Lead, coach and develop a team at a local level to deliver team and personal objectives safely and securely to meet our operational plans.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality
- Manage projects with focus on Governance (compliance and reporting).
- Management of project resources (people, money).
- Lead the planning of the task/project.
- Manage work as defined in the Work Authorisation Document (WAD).
- Lead, support and initiate change against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Lead, initiate and perform risk and opportunity identification and subsequent actions.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Evidence of project management competence e.g. APM qualifications. Motivating and managing in a highly regulated environment. Earned Value Management. ACM. Budgetary responsibility up to £10M pa aligned with work breakdown structure (WBS) for assigned project
- Essential: Good standard of education to include English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent.
- Desirable: Graduate level of qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
Can part time or flexible working options could be considered for this role: Y
Is home/remote working an option? Yes
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan