Systems Project Engineer - South East & London.
Belcan Workforce Solutions are recruiting for a Systems Project Engineer on a Permanent basis.
You will report into our London office in Mortlake SW14 and work on various customers site as required.
For the next couple of years our main focus is supporting a Gas Storage expansion project in Medway, Kent.
Control system experience
PLC devices, graphics and HMIs
Honeywell C300 FSC and Safety Manager experience (desirable)
Distributed control systems
Packaged equipment integration
The roles combine both Systems engineering and project engineering capabilities whilst providing vital support to the Terminal Programme Delivery Manager to ensure the effective administration of multiple project work scopes within the asset Re-life extension team.
To ensure efficient delivery, the roles bring both oversight to the coordination of all stages of the projects and responsibility for reviewing all aspects of the Contractor's design.
Primary functions shall include, but not be limited to:
* Ensuring technical adequacy of engineering and design consistent with economy, good engineering practice, safety in design and specific requirements of the project.
* Reviewing Contractor deliverables and working together with the Contractor to establish a good working relationship and common goals.
* Ensuring that the Customer's requirements are clearly defined, understood and delivered.
* Understanding and effectively managing the Project Risks.
* Regularly audit the Contractor for compliance against specific Project requirements and deliverables and ensure that any remedial Action Plans are carried out.
* Ensure compliance with the prescribed company, project and other standards and local statutory regulations.
* Be aware of the Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) aspects of the work.
* Maintain effective interface with other groups and engineering disciplines to achieve project goals.
* Coordinate the development of pre-contract scope, specification and programme
* Understand contractual requirements and communicate to team
* Management / resolution of Management of Change program (MOC)
* Coordinate purchase requisitions
* Monitor suppliers' compliance with purchase order conditions
* Actively manage the work hour budget for their area of responsibility
* Support the subcontract plan
* Actively comply with safety, quality, constructability, programme and cost objectives
* Assist with project close-out
Belcan is an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, providing engineering services, manufacturing and supply chain advisory services, and workforce solutions across Aerospace, Defence, Space, Utilities, Government and Automotive sectors.
Belcan's London office is a specialist technical services provider and engineering consultancy with core services encompassing multi-disciplinary (MEICA) design engineering, multi-vendor systems delivery, operational technology (OT) cyber security, and COMAH and safety compliance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.